Sunday, October 2, 2011

Change to posting schedule

Greetings readers,

I have put a lot of thought in to this, and have decided that I am going to switch to an every-other-week posting schedule (however the First Friday of the month will still be a freebie game). Why am I doing this? There's several reasons.

First and foremost, this has been taking a lot of my time. That's not a bad thing .. but this is just a hobby for me, and I have a lot of other hobbies, and a full time job. I need to devote a bit less of my time to this, so I don't burn out.

Second, as I noted above.. I have a full time job and other hobbies, including playing video games other than the one I review every week. This leaves me with less time to play a game to review every week than I would like, leading to me often seeking games that are quick and easy to review.

Third, cost. I have a large backlog of games ot review right now, yes. However, I noted the time issue? Well, most of them are games like Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, NWN2, and other games that I can't get a really good feel for the game to write a decent review of in just a couple hours of gameplay, so I'm buying a lot of casual games, and believe me.. I ain't made of money!

These factors have lead me to the conclusion that switching to an every-other-week format will be positive all the way around. While it will lead to less reviews in total, it will improve the longevity of my Blog, and also improve the quality of my reviews.

To make it up to you though.. the upcoming Freebie review is going to be at least a 2-parter!

Tune back in on Friday the 7th for City of Heroes: Freedom Pt 1 and Tuesday the 11th for Post Apocalyptic Mayhem!

~Zolgar

No comments:

Post a Comment